Collect, standardise and unlock sensor data
The amount of data that becomes available through sensors increases exponentially. Think of data on air quality, the number of places available in bicycle sheds, the degree of filling of underground containers or the groundwater level in monitoring wells
Why sensor data?
- Securely collect, standardise and store data.
- Common Data Models to transform the data.
- Suitable for any type of sensor.
- Data available in any format.
- How do you prevent an organisation from ending up with all kinds of vertical solutions that do not communicate with each other?
- Which standards should you apply?
- And how do you ensure that large amounts of historical data are stored safely and reliably?
- Moreover, how can you make use of (dissimilar) data flows from other parties?
- And what form of connectivity should you choose?
CIP IoT offers a solution to these problems and is an independent building block of the City Innovation Platform.
CIP IoT focuses on collecting and making available the sensor data.
- Civity can connect to any type of sensor.
- Civity can collect, standardize and unlock data in different formats, such as FIWARE NGSI format and OGC SensorThings API.
- Civity can process data from different networks, such as LoRa, Wifi, 3G/4G and Bluetooth.
A form that is often used in sensors is LoRa. This protocol makes it possible to send (a limited amount of) data over a long distance with little energy. This is ideal for transmitting simple data such as groundwater level or the availability of a parking space.
CIP IoT covers all types of data: open and closed. The owner decides what is shared.
Civity can publish the data as open data on CIP Open Data / Data platform, so that the data is immediately available for reuse by new applications and solutions.
Data offers advantages for your organisation
Do you also want to get started with data in your organisation? Interested in a demo? Civity likes to think along with you. Call +31 30 697 32 86 for an appointment. Or mail to email@example.com